welcome

a poetry blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Four and More

and he's got this hot new guy
his first year with them
on drums -- they call it
the RIdE cymbal
it's big, and it HUMs
like a plate and it hums
and you keep hitting it like this
dah da-da-dah da-da
right
and they're playing for the NAACP
or something
and so it's for a good cause
which is why it's so pure
there's an energy to the place

and then these cats
see they're not getting pAId right?
only they don't KNOw that
and here they come out for the second half
and then he tells them, Miles
and it's a completely different deal

that's a whole other album
the second half of that concert
at least that's the way I heard it
from the guy who pointed at me
said man that dude can WRITE
and the guy from the place
thought that meant music
the first guy says no
I mean he can
write....


2011

4 comments:

  1. No, dude, that dude can WRITE. You betcha. You cure got THAT right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fond of the line: it's big and it hums. Makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And glad you liked that line -- with my poems I like to try and create this energy, and just keep tapping, and keep it humming : )

    ReplyDelete