welcome

a poetry blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Guess the Answer Is Me
















Who will hit the ground first,
leave the other.
No more.

Is the question, that time goes
forward. That seasons
never change.

They're out there lurching
around their yards
for spring.

So I swept out the shed rafters,
broke the hammer on
nails.

Had an apple ale, frozen chicken burgers,
sticky rice with greens,
salad.

Used lettuce for the top bread.
You asked if I was on
a diet.

That tuna toast I took to the shop.
Moved the dropped chunk to
the neighbor's step.

I remember how I used to eat cheesecake
in very tiny bites, wrote so small
that no one could see it.

First a quick round. My secret weapon,
the bounce serve, still works.
Son of a whoor.

In bed we sleep. In beds we dream.
Everything comes back in
colors.


2011

2 comments: