welcome

a poetry blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Old With Is Yet To Be


Baby birds in the yard hide in the bushes, peck
with mom in the dirt, feeder and fences
while dad stands guard.

Last night you fell asleep in my arms and I imagined
I could feel how you feel when I fall asleep
in yours.

It felt nice to be trusted like that,
the first time in weeks it seemed.

And yet I was sad I couldn't explain how I felt.
Then you got sad you didn't understand.

"Grow.. Along.. Me, The Best.."

You are the angel whispering inside my ear
sweet love and gentle suggestions, care and
ways to care for myself: remember to breathe

deeply and smell the earth, as though
you're not from the same place, and into
my ear alone out here in the garden maze,

making the same paths different
each time through.


2011


1 comment: