welcome

a poetry blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Will You Catch Me If I'm Falling

on Canada Day on the 4th last year
I saw death with my eyes closed to
the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

an overgrown eagle in a pot of birds
a bowl of fruit at the butcher's table
a white dog searching for truffles

a beer on the porch after the rain
a man in a jacket up the tree
lamb's ears on the doorknob

don't ask me what's wrong
just tell me what I can do
else I'll give you a

straight up substitution
forty-five minutes easy
emotions for details

the only man on the property
and I am not a train
I'm all you get


2011

2 comments:

  1. Only man on the property and I'm not a train. OH! I swear, Angus said that, didn't he?! Love your poetry, Mister. Love love love. And a rocket. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments :) Your place is like a passenger train with interesting people in each car. Every time I visit there's something that someone says that's both challenging and inspiring. Angus included!

    ReplyDelete