welcome

a poetry blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Something Wicked This Way Ruts

crashed into each other, feeling fat in our pants
a bed full of cats meowing from the card
you got from your mom

lady hawk in a white mini and ponytail
why that's a perplexing hawk
was a dog at fourteen

see we got hot dogs in the hotdogulator
plus ashes in my carpenter pants
propane grill and dryer

combo pack and a coke, lawnmower for one
eighty six, a stolen pair of sunglasses
Tae Bo for five and two Led Zep

wild again, beguiled again, my heart singing
dreaming of losing memories again at
sixty five and seventy six

you put the lawn lights out and up they lit
shrieked at the fly on your arm
and a phantom in the hall

egyptian cotton bedsheet brown and shamwow
the new shower doodad with nipples
medium UV risk ready

are you still the right girl for me even
though I didn't quite like the
screwy louie fork?

the way I see, kissing anyone else would be gross
defend not your life, you are loved by me
what, a body pillow for fifteen?

well then you can tell them they can go to hell
I ain't payin' - no seriously thanks
I'll take care of it a s a p


2011

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been by in a while, Nathan. My puter's been ill. Was just floored by this one. Love it so much, I just read it thrice, back to back to back. Love your imagery. Your intensity. Your intellectual mumbo-jumbo. Thanks for always sharing the best of you with us mere Earthlings. I always leave Granny's Chicken feeling full up, sated, humbled. Lovely stuff, this.

    ReplyDelete