welcome

a poetry blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Melts Like Wax

holy smokes it's getting
hot once again, the sun
is trying to kill us, I
can't get relaxed, it's
undermining me, inter
rupting me so that
now I've got to com
pletely block you out

because I have no idea
what you're talking
about, you went abs
tract right off the
bat going on about
traffic lights, fines
and croquet mallets
cauliflower and
rooster meat, apa
thy and resistance
tension and nerves
fear of rejection, a
band on ment, talking
when you don't want to
talk, keeping alert
and on the watch

I don't wish to be
erased, don't need
to be tended to, I
want to die, well
no I don't really
want to die
but I do want to
go crazy thinking
about how we need
space to look at birds
space to breathe, space
to find our words and the
confidence to speak them

I washed my hands twice
then broke the plaster
while hanging up the
wax iron dye painting
with a bent hammer
but it was worth it
because I learned
snow and calm are
two different shades
of white, and then I
washed my hands twice


2011

2 comments:

  1. I saw the title on the side bar and was intrigued. Those different shadings are important.

    ReplyDelete