welcome

a poetry blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nirvana

Error is life.
Swerving holy circles.
We learn and grow.

Wise men turn from evil.
Turn it away at the gate.
Take it slow.

But I'm a flower in bloom.
In the sun.
Male and gracile.

I go out back with you.
It's sunny.
We take off our morning coats.

I call you Blondie, say
you could call me Dagwood.
Say you are the Bomb.

I call myself Will.
You call yourself Donaldson.
It means Nirvana to me.

Do you know
how lovely it is
that you love me?

Buzzards, that's what
humans are, and
dinosaurs.

Circling, waiting
for the thing
to drop.

But my friend
takes me up the tower,
gives me a hug.

I wanna hear her sing.
Why can't I hear her sing.
That's not fair.

"Here's your book sweetie,
and here's your hat
sweetie."

Salt crackers turn the tide.
Stand the test of time.
The world to me.



2011

1 comment:

  1. This poem really touches me.

    "The world to me." There's something special about that line.

    ReplyDelete