welcome

a poetry blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Perfection in Those Odds

The old Chinese man
at the corner store
drops my change
to count it.

I take his advice,
believing it true, that
action makes reality.

I flip a coin,
it comes up tails.
I'm going to die.

I flip a coin,
it comes up heads.
I have a soul.

Another head,
a soulmate.

Everything else
was easy.

I follow
the soothsayer's jive
believing it to be true.

How can I not, since
I see it and feel it
in me and as me.

It speaks truth
of my experience,
lives and breathes
through me.

I trust enough
to roll the dice,
ride that inside line.

When I've got
what I want
in my hand, I
run those cards
through to the end
every time.

Unafraid of losing.

Time is short.
Decisions will be made.
Might as well be me
who makes them.


2011

No comments:

Post a Comment