welcome

a poetry blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Five Obstructions

Cloud light through the transom
like whiskey from a wine glass
with my eye on celestial seabirds
making rainbows, not marking time.
From the doorway you said, "There

are some songs that never go away.
Like a photograph, like a book, a
possession you take with you when
you move. Some you leave behind,
Bob Seger is one I took with me.

Night Moves, getting wasted alone
in Tofino after I met you. Expansive.
Running on the beach, standing in
the ocean ecstatic. Crazed talking
on the cell, picking up hitchhikers,

some lady thinking I'm a mother
earth surfer, like I've been here
all my life. That relaxed and calm.
When really I'm just a hippie redneck
blasting Canned Heat on the road again."

Wish on a star, two names in a heart.
Finding love like peas in a pod. "And
if you don't like Walk on the Wild Side,
there's just something wrong with you."
Now to see what tomorrow will bring.


2011

2 comments:

  1. Each time you write I think, "Okay this one is my favourite!" And then you write another poem and I'm blown away all over again. Love this:

    Wish on a star, two names in a heart.
    Finding love like peas in a pod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I can remember thinking the feeling I feel is beyond words. Maybe not so sure about that anymore, just needed to get the right images and trust them to mean what they mean :)

    ReplyDelete