welcome

a poetry blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

You'll Know Everything About Me in Five Minutes

I believe the battery is dying. What we have
here is a failure to, uhh, batterate. Hey
when you saw the driving car what kind of car
did you saw? I didn't really see a car, I saw
the road. I said You'll have to forgive me,
I'm a writer. Bird screams. Woman flies away.

Holiday House Motel, U-turn at High Street,
Trans Canada to nineteen north to four west.
We went out for a wicked salt cup and shared a
red wrap with fiesta cheese and bacon tongue,
saw pumas lap water at Shadow's and watched
the cross country kids, one with a crown, one
with a torch. The porch lions were together,
one behind the other. Boswell and Johnson.

When you're limited to your one road then
it doesn't matter if I'm the man who dipped
his fingers in the lake, or in the ocean as
though to stir it. When the world burns to
hell you'll be seeing that gorgeous napalm
until the big bang takes us from our living
sleep. And that's the real problem, we don't
dissipate. Nor make it easier on ourselves.

So go ahead and touch that lake with your life
if that's what you desire. If the sun's out, it's
quite pleasant, quite pleasant. We create, and
we revel in each other's creation. Come with me,
there's a van outside and we'll take you away,
you'll only wear this blindfold a short while.
On the twenty-fifth day they'll say what do you
remember. Say nothing... just peace and love.


2011

2 comments:

  1. My favourite, by far. By far. Love this. Peace and love, brother. Peace and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Char :) I feel like I'm hitting a pretty good rhythm with this, bringing in my 'beat' predilections now with some of the 'heart' realizations in hand. Glad the beating of my heart speaks to you, and I like that you like this one in particular. I think it's rocking & rolling too :)

    ReplyDelete